Client: The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc.
Project: New Refrigerated Food Distribution Center
General Contractor: ARCO Construction Company
Floor Area: 80,000 sf
Construction Schedule: Eight months
Engineer of Record
Mechanical and Controls Construction Manager
The newly built, LEED Certified Chefs’ Warehouse facility in Las Vegas encompasses office space, a fully functional “test” kitchen, -10F freezer, cooler, candy/chocolate cooler space, dry storage and cold dock. All of these spaces have unique temperature and HVAC requirements.
The primary challenge of this project was designing and modeling the building to meet the stringent LEED standards set by the USGBC. Facilities with large process refrigeration loads use a lot of energy, which requires designing the other building systems to be extremely efficient and implementing energy conserving control methods for the refrigeration systems. Our design helped the facility achieve the required energy savings for LEED.
- Installed refrigeration equipment for a -10 degree freezer, 34 degree cooler and cold dock areas
- Installed DDC control system
- Completed LEED documentation related to our scope, including the Energy Model
- Installed VAV system to serve 13,475 sf office space
- Installed packaged rooftop unit to temper the dry storage area
- Installed HVAC and exhaust system for test kitchen